RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
‘16 HSE TD6 L494
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My suggestion is to purchase aftermarket 2018+ style headlights, as they are made to fit 2014-2017 models with direct plug and play. You can pick them up for a couple hundred dollars online, no need for OEM.
You’re telling me, I can aftermarket 2018 headlights for a RRS L494 to fit into a 2014-2016 plug and play for a couple hundred bucks?! Not that I’ve seen, could you send me a link?

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport V6 Supercharged HSE
43 Posts
You’re telling me, I can aftermarket 2018 headlights for a RRS L494 to fit into a 2014-2016 plug and play for a couple hundred bucks?! Not that I’ve seen, could you send me a link?
For sure, I just thought about it. Alibaba has a few sellers offering 2018+ style headlights, definitely going to cost under $1000 for both. Check this link:

I think this is the solution for the front end retrofit. Its unreasonable to do research and spend tons of money trying to custom fit OEM headlights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Message the seller and negotiate on their price for 1 set. These guys are trying to sell large quantities, but will definitely offer 1 set, just for a higher price. They are going to charge an arm and leg for shipping though, be aware. Oh, and ask for pictures of course. Make sure you mention you need L494 headlights 2018 style for your 2016.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The headlights 2018? Did you install which connectors did you use? Where did you get them? Thx
Those headlights that plug and play for 2018 are crazy expensive. Even from China cause air delivery is crazy high. Shipping by sea takes 30-45 days. Can you let me know where you found those at low cost. I can usually find those deals but not on those lights. I see single 2019 lights fairly cheap but they all require a loom which run between 600-1200 on eBay. Thx

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those headlights that plug and play for 2018 are crazy expensive. Even from China cause air delivery is crazy high. Shipping by sea takes 30-45 days. Can you let me know where you found those at low cost. I can usually find those deals but not on those lights. I see single 2019 lights fairly cheap but they all require a loom which run between 600-1200 on eBay. Thx
Definetly going to cost cheaper than OEM headlights + Loom +All the programming he has to do. I think this is a solid approach. Ive dealt with the sellers before, shipping may take a bit long because of the current situation. I remember they quoted me $1157 for an SVR rear bumper and tips shipped just because of its size. You can try negotiating more though.

·
Registered
‘16 HSE TD6 L494
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Message the seller and negotiate on their price for 1 set. These guys are trying to sell large quantities, but will definitely offer 1 set, just for a higher price. They are going to charge an arm and leg for shipping though, be aware. Oh, and ask for pictures of course. Make sure you mention you need L494 headlights 2018 style for your 2016.
They are asking $3,100 for “plug and play”.

I’m weary about dropping that kinda money to a random foreign company that’s not vetted. Also, I don’t think these can be just plug and play, something will have to be teamviwed in I think, but we’ll see. I’ve seen many videos of companies supposedly conducting this facelift, however no company ever shows the interior confirming that the donor car is in fact a 13-17’ model. I’m currently scoping out

RD Custom - Range Rover Sport LED Matrix.

They seem like a solid option but more to follow, If there was tangible or Undeniable proof that one of those companies products works well I might consider is but wiring and connectors aren’t expensive. Building a loom is cheap. My target goal for the headlamp mod is $1,500.00, unabashed inject- if you make one of these retrofit products contact me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
View attachment 285869
I’m weary about dropping that kinda money to a random foreign company that’s not vetted. Also, I don’t think these can be just plug and play, something will have to be teamviwed in I think, but we’ll see. I’ve seen many videos of companies supposedly conducting this facelift, however no company ever shows the interior confirming that the donor car is in fact a 13-17’ model. I’m currently scoping out

They seem like a solid option but more to follow, If there was tangible or Undeniable proof that one of those companies products works well I might consider is but wiring and connectors aren’t expensive. Building a loom is cheap. My target goal for the headlamp mod is $1,500.00, unabashed inject- if you make one of these retrofit products contact me.
I think that $3100 is way off, there are some sellers trying to highball people. When it comes to messaging some sellers, they will offer a totally different price from the actual listed. Try getting in contact with this seller, since he is selling the whole front end body kit. Ask for a price with shipping for the headlights alone. The headlights must fit on your 2016, there is no way they could state it does but then it ends up not fitting, you could open a case with alibaba and get your money back in that situation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice job on the 2016 facelift. So guys where can I buy the rear SVR bumber assembly? ($1157) ??
This seller:

Try to look around more, there should be cheaper prices.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
98 Posts
This seller:

Try to look around more, there should be cheaper prices.
Thanks RRjon

·
Registered
135 Posts

Have you found a solution for the headlights yet? This popped up in my eBay feed. Looks like you supply the 2018+ headlights and they convert them to plug and play for the 2014-16 RRS. They have a few positive reviews. Whether the reviews are real that’s another story.

·
Registered
‘16 HSE TD6 L494
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Have you found a solution for the headlights yet? This popped up in my eBay feed. Looks like you supply the 2018+ headlights and they convert them to plug and play for the 2014-16 RRS. They have a few positive reviews. Whether the reviews are real that’s another story.

I have reached out to them, I asked for a video of it functioning and in response they wanted me to buy a U.K. registration form for $1.99...kinda weird and threw me off. (See pic below) I was hoping they would be legit but our interaction was super sketchy. Not much progress has been made aside from I’ve painted the parts I do have. Finding a drivers side fender has been very challenging.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A company sells a conversion harness on eBay. It’s not cheap though.
I’ve seen it, Euroactive is just reselling it with a big mark up. Carsystems makes it. Same Russian company that makes the adapter for the steering wheel buttons. Here’s the link:

i emailed them about it to see how much they’re asking direct.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
364 Posts
But are those headlights plug-n-play, without requiring any front bumper modifications though?

·
Registered
‘16 HSE TD6 L494
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
But are those headlights plug-n-play, without requiring any front bumper modifications though?
You’re always going to need front bumper modification and fender for that matter. The headlight size is more narrow and longer than the 14-17 models

·
Registered
43 Posts
I say ebay is pretty reliable, because in worst case scenarios, ebay is always on the buyers side. If the headlights end up not working, you can easily open a case against the seller and get a refund.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Car systems has responded with a price and list of features.
The good news:
-The headlights are fully functional, i.e. they do light show on start up and shut down, auto high beam, etc on the base headlight.
-If you have the LED matrix version of the light it does all the cool stuff of beam splitting, spot light mode (light tunneling) at higher speeds, wide beams for lower speed, etc. I had this on my X6M after I coded it for euro specs and it is awesome. Its not available in the US because our laws about headlights are from basically the 1970's, Ridiculous.
-Costs a lot less then what it can be found for on ebay. 750.00 plus 15.00 for shipping.
-Plug and play fitting

The not really bad news but adds a kink if you are not at least comfortable with a computer.
-They need to set it up remotely through team viewer just like Hoover.a mentioned on a laptop with windows This is a huge security issue. I would not use a laptop that has all my personal data on it. Regardless of which company it was. I'd buy a cheap used one if you don't have a clean laptop for this. Anyone that can support windows 10 will work.
-Payment options are not the best.

They are very responsive and speak good English which is nice. They provided a manual that I've attached here with line diagrams and pin out for the different years. Really nice.
Here is their reply.

Hello!

We designed and started production of special adapter for conversion CAN bus protocol from cars 13-17 model year to new, 2018 model year, so ALL adaptive functions work correctly. Dynamic bending lights, Adaptive light functions, lock/unlock animation, headlights vertical correction and so on. Also our adapter can configure headlights, what is very important. Can read fault codes and do some special procedures, like level calibration without using any dealer diagnostic equipment.
For adapter and headlights configuring we supply with adapter our own special software tool.
No any changes to car configuration necessary. Adapter emulate old HCM module to eliminate any fault messages on instrument cluster.
After adapter installation we need to do initial startup of headlights. For this procedures we have our own special software. You only need to use Windows 7 or 10 PC(English locale, without hieroglyphs, clean English installation) and TeamViewer for remote control. About coding time we need to agree in advance.
For easy retrofit we can offer wiring kit with headlamp connectors - you can see photo of the RR LED headlight Plug&Play wiring kit in the attachment. Also instruction for RR LED Headlights Retrofit Adapter also attached.
Price for RR LED Headlights Retrofit Adapter is 600 USD + shipping.
Price for RR LED headlight Plug&Play wiring kit is 150 USD + shipping.
You can choose the next shipping and payment options:
There is two shipping options:
1) Registered airmail – minimum of 15 USD (10...14 days);
2) Express (DHL) - minimum of 125 USD (3...5 days). Its price depends on the package. Also would be better for you to pay for this delivery from your side from your DHL account.
Payment via:
a) Money Gramm;
b) Western Union;
c) Bank Transfer (SWIFT);
d) Payoneer.
Tell me please exactly your full order.
Best Regards!
CarSystems.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! I am installing the very same retrofit kit on a 2014. I can’t, for the life of me, find the HCM module...
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts