RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2015 RR SC and it has almost all the specs an autobio has (minus the aniline leather/headliner) i believe..
Thankfully, got a engine/powertrain warranty. Bought at 83k, for 44k WITH the warranty, so not too bad of a deal I think.

Within 5k miles, had an issue with rear 02 sensors, got them both replaced for a grand (expensive!). Then the rear diff started making a funky funky noise, and it failed. Got that worked on and replaced, along with a new set of brakes and a hitch install, got spark plugs done, coolant flush, etc. Cars sorted now but out of the gates, spent 1k on 02 sensors, 1k on the diff (rest the warranty covered). 1500 for the hitch install, and 1500 for brakes on all 4 (pads/rotors).
Not complaining as this is my 3rd rover and I know the costs, BUT, didn't expect a diff to break around 80k miles, thats a odd one!

Car has no crashes or issues at all. Anyone experience any diff failures on l405? Just sharing my experience. My last L322 (2010) was quite solid and never ran into any problems.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven't had any of those issues on my 2014. I did just replace the fuel injectors. Hope did you know you had O2 sensor issues?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport, 2013 Range Rover Supercharged
39 Posts
I picked up a 2015 RR SC and it has almost all the specs an autobio has (minus the aniline leather/headliner) i believe..
Thankfully, got a engine/powertrain warranty. Bought at 83k, for 44k WITH the warranty, so not too bad of a deal I think.

Within 5k miles, had an issue with rear 02 sensors, got them both replaced for a grand (expensive!). Then the rear diff started making a funky funky noise, and it failed. Got that worked on and replaced, along with a new set of brakes and a hitch install, got spark plugs done, coolant flush, etc. Cars sorted now but out of the gates, spent 1k on 02 sensors, 1k on the diff (rest the warranty covered). 1500 for the hitch install, and 1500 for brakes on all 4 (pads/rotors).
Not complaining as this is my 3rd rover and I know the costs, BUT, didn't expect a diff to break around 80k miles, thats a odd one!

Car has no crashes or issues at all. Anyone experience any diff failures on l405? Just sharing my experience. My last L322 (2010) was quite solid and never ran into any problems.

I just had my front differential and driveshaft replaced on my 13’ L405 with only 32K miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts