RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

This story is about my L405 2013. Suspension problem. She cannot hold standard height. Every time with attempt of changing height she says something like "to make sure clear of obstacles" and raises in to Extended height.

I have read many articles here but almost all of them says to change front suspension strut.
I have changed them about 1 year ago and after that she was running good about 3 months. And again problem.
Checked front suspension and seems suspension itself is good. No clunking or other noises related with suspension.

2 days ago she bumped down both corners of driver side overnight. I have tested it using iCarSoft LRII. No fault code. But found something interesting.

When checked voltage supply of height sensors iCarSoft shows 0.25V to all 4 sensors. But interesting thing is that returning signals from 4 height sensors were between 2 to 3 V. Is that possible or my reader gives me wrong information? I checked sensor supply and signal voltages in 2006 L322 and here every voltages were as it supposed to be. Supply was all about 4.9V and returning voltages were about 2-3 something.

So Please help me with solving my problem. What to check and how to....

Thanks forward
Regards
Tuvshin

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
9 Posts
I am going to walk you through the process that I followed on my S/C Jaguar XJ with air struts. You need to determine if the struts are leaking, the line, or the valve block. The pump line goes to the reservoir and from there goes to a valve blocks which shuts to direct air pressure to each strut. The struts are independent and have a line going to each one. It will raise or lower based on the sensors. IF two or more struts are falling at one time, it is likely a leak either in the lines (2 being bad at same time is unlikely) or the solenoid valve block is allowing air to back feed into the reservoir or back to air pump. There is a separate valve block for the front and rear. Therefore, I would start with fronts because the fronts are falling. It is inside the plenum and you will have to remove the cowl panel grill under wipers. Should be on Pass side under hood hinge. Start there. Spray line collets with soapy water to see if you find a leak. You can disconnect the line in from reservoir and see if it holds air. One in, two out to each strut. Open slow to you do not blow out the fitting. IF the supply line back flows, then it is likely the solenoid valve that is faulty.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Findre,

You are a real pro. I followed your instruction and checked. There was faulty front solenoid valve block. I have changed it and SOLVED. Thank you so much. And also right front strut was leaking. Again changed by new and everything now is perfect. Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Tuvshin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts