RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am from Malaysia and just took delivery of a 2013 L405 SDV8 4.4 Litre Diesel Engine, but I notice that when idling the engine noise is much noisy and louder then a Toyota Land Crusier Diesel Engine. Is this normal? We are currently using EURO 2 diesel fuel and could this low grade of diesel make it sound louder? Hope to hear some feedback on this...thank you and have a great day!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those of us in North America simply wish we could buy the SD V8 in the first place!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Northmac said it best. We in the USA would love to have diesel options. I'm getting my 2015 in a V6 but wish I could have the option of the diesel. C'mon USA get something right!
unfortunately this is due to emission standards. The current diesels are not USA compatible.
The good news is that the new engine plant is online, and will be running full steam in a few months, churning out not only new gas, but new diesel engines, too. And guess what, they finally will be EURO6, which is good for the US market, too. Having seen LR bosses verbal commitment to bring diesels to the country, I have no doubts we'll see diesel Range Rovers in the States real soon (as in: within 2-3 model years).
The even nicer thought is to match it with the hybrid approach... But so give them another year to get that engine plant up and running, and be able to reasonably commit to some timeline. I'm sure they're looking forward to it as much as we are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts