RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Has anyone put a deposit down on a l405 PHEV? If so have you gotten any build dates yet?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have ordered my P400e two weeks ago. I have no exact date. But the production is scheduled for January, delivery in March. Ordered from Germany.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered a PHEV RR in July, a couple days after US orders opened. Should have been built in mid-October and be on a ship now. I have no updates but am supposed to have the car by Thanksgiving. Will be my 4th RR starting with the P38, excited for this one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered one in August but the order did not go through until October because it wasn't in my dealer's order system. I wen to the dealer on Saturday and have a delivery date (Canada) for end of February though manager says probably will be a bit sooner.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
Out of curiosity, what made you choose the PHEV over the TDV6...overall the TDV6 makes more economical sense unless you are only doing local city driving, yet I have heard that it is the second fastest RR in the range and silent when running on battery only...the only thing that worries me is having driven a Disco as a loaner with a 4cyl Turbo (I think the same engine) it was a very jerky high revving motor that felt very unrefined..so when the battery is flat and you only have the petrol engine, is that the same driving experience and feel that one would get...BTW I am a big fan of the iPace and have heard some great reviews about it...so not totally anti EV..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live near Munich, Germany. Driving a car like a RR to the city center is anachronistic from by point of view, when you do this with a diesel or petrol engine. I do not want to pollute the city more than necessary. On the other hand, I also drive long distances. A BEV does not make sense for me because it is not flexible enough and makes the trip longer.

So the RR PHEV is the best compromise. I have tried the engine in the RR. It is almost noiseless. Sure, when you want to push the pedal, the supercharger is the better choice. But for a relaxed trip, the P400e is perfect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Out of curiosity, what made you choose the PHEV over the TDV6...overall the TDV6 makes more economical sense unless you are only doing local city driving, yet I have heard that it is the second fastest RR in the range and silent when running on battery only...the only thing that worries me is having driven a Disco as a loaner with a 4cyl Turbo (I think the same engine) it was a very jerky high revving motor that felt very unrefined..so when the battery is flat and you only have the petrol engine, is that the same driving experience and feel that one would get...BTW I am a big fan of the iPace and have heard some great reviews about it...so not totally anti EV..
I work at home and my rides are usually under the 30 miles that the PHEV supposedly does. So it's a way to save on diesel (as is gas), which is expensive in Canada. I do love the Diesel engine but it's just time to switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered end of September. I am in California. Was told delivery end of Feb or early March.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
So you will drive the most comfortable car on the left lane. ;)

in the exact speed limit

god do I hate people who do that :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts