RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The navigation on my L405 has worked perfectly for 12 months. Just recently it's stopped giving directions. Chooses route successfully, by then after I tap "go" no directions ensue. Spoken directions simply say "please refer to the map". Does anyone know of done form of reset I can try?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
There is I think map perspective setting and if you have it on map only you wont get directions. You need to set arrow in one of the small screens. I have had this before messing with the settings. An easier thing to do might be set back to default in from inside the display menu and it will go back to factory settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is I think map perspective setting and if you have it on map only you wont get directions. You need to set arrow in one of the small screens. I have had this before messing with the settings. An easier thing to do might be set back to default in from inside the display menu and it will go back to factory settings.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried both the restore to factory settings and the same with clearing all memories. Unfortunately no joy. The navigation just doesn't seem to "start" - map continues to show initial route selected (doesn't change if you go a different way) and the ETA just keeps increasing as I travel to destination as if I've not left my origin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To close this out... Took a couple of tries to convince the dealer there was actually a problem. LR solution (pending) is to replace the head unit (AUD$6000 part - just as well it's in warranty). Unit has to be pre-set to particular vehicle, coming from factory. Presumably this will fix it but I have to say it seems like overkill!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts