Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just saw this online. Looks pretty cool. I have reached out to them to get more details. This would allow us to UPGRADE the ac controls to the NEW LED screen like on the 2018 and up. They also have a 12" screen for the radio. Waiting for more information.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Its cool.....but I'd prefer the NAV 12.3 if I had to pick one. I hope the button font on the lower screen looks more OEM (like the pic above) and not like the video......then again I'm OCD about things like that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
eh I guess....I just find I'd use the main screen more. The lower screen seems cumbersome and I just ordered the update to the 2016 HVAC controls where I can turn on the heated/cooled seats from the dials. Thats all I need with the android unit I currently have (but looking to upgrade that to the 12.3 unit).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the updated link.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i was looking at my 10.25" android lastnight and the edge of the screen is basically in line with the inside edge of the alluminum trim of the HVAC. This one is pretty much the same. There is a border on the inside on the screen i.e the screen doesn't fill up the entire "glass". Size wise its not going to be that much of a difference......hopefully the features are worth the price.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover MkIV/L405 TDV6
23 Posts
I'm working on stocking this touch panel AC control along with the 12.3" tilt head unit. I'll update you guys when I have more info...
Ray, any update on when you’ll have the larger screen as well as the A/C panel? Looking to upgrade both, but I’d rather support you than anywhere else.

Reactions: W84IT

·
Premium Member
2016.5 L405 HSE
1,129 Posts
Ray, any update on when you’ll have the larger screen as well as the A/C panel? Looking to upgrade both, but I’d rather support you than anywhere else.
I'm still researching this new system...it seems to be very limited info on it right now and the manufacturer of it doesn't seem to communicate very well. I've asked Merryway if they could make it but they're not interested.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover MkIV/L405 TDV6
23 Posts
I'm still researching this new system...it seems to be very limited info on it right now and the manufacturer of it doesn't seem to communicate very well. I've asked Merryway if they could make it but they're not interested.
Ok, thank you. Please keep us updated!

Reactions: W84IT

·
Registered
845 Posts
Just got both today. Tried to install the 12.3 screen and they didn't have the combination of old oem screen added to new 10.25 screen where you take the back off and marry the two to work in my wifes 2014. The lower panel is a 60 second swap. It's gorgeous even with the 10.25 android head unit. I'm waiting to hear back, we've been what's apping and the seller talking to the engineers about getting me the correct upper 12.3 head unit. Ps I'm not going to sit here and explain marrying the 10.25 to your oem screen there is enough material to search find it here and you tube.

The lower screen works great and does all functions. But it doesn't have the same Ui as the 2018 newer do with vehicle options etc, but it's a great upgrade. If you don't know what the 18 and newer lower screens do, go watch YouTube reviews I'm not gonna explain it.

About 3 weeks from purchase to doorstep give or take. 2k for both. Once 12.3 is fixed or returned I'll update everyone.
Wood Rectangle Gas Hardwood Machine
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Gear shift
Vehicle Gear shift Car Satellite radio Radio
Automotive design Gadget Motor vehicle Audio equipment Output device
Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle Material property
Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift Gadget Vehicle
Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle audio Motor vehicle Display device

·
Registered
845 Posts
For those that know, know...
Audio equipment Gadget Cable Automotive lighting Wire
Netbook Computer Finger Automotive design Office equipment
Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas Electricity Cable
Finger Gas Office equipment Bumper Machine
Electrical wiring Finger Audio equipment Electronic engineering Circuit component
Product Black Automotive exterior Bumper Rectangle
Netbook Gadget Computer hardware Circuit component Electronic engineering

Reactions: horse86

·
Registered
845 Posts
I havent held the new panel up to the old panel yet.

I just got these instructions so Im going to try another install. 1 concern is some of the camera inputs pink dk pink, brown, blue and green cable plugs are supposed to be left hanging and there is one big white plug that i still dont think plugs in like the old 10.25 did. But there is a box for the MOST system.

will report back later.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts