Range Rovers Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Should there be any play on the LCA while jacked up? I was switching out my wheels and had the driver side front corner in the air and grabbed the LCA and pulled toward/pushed away and was able to move it slightly. Is this normal or a sign they are shot?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Should there be any play on the LCA while jacked up? I was switching out my wheels and had the driver side front corner in the air and grabbed the LCA and pulled toward/pushed away and was able to move it slightly. Is this normal or a sign they are shot?
bump

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
88 Posts
Been following this thread and think I might pull the trigger on this. I'm at 43k miles and was thinking of replacing the control arms / bushings to see if it fixes the random clunks and pops I hear on turns and bumps.

Question: could worn control arm bushings cause a creaking sound when the suspension is articulating?

During some offroading / trail riding this weekend, I had a very irritating creaking sound from the suspension. It sounded like a big rusty spring and seemed to get quieter, temporarily, after driving through water. One of the spotters on the trail works on Rovers for fun and wondered if it might be the control arm bushings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's a heavy vehicle, and the control arms bushings take a beating every time the wheels go through potholes and the likes.
I would say definitely replace all 4 arms at once every 30K miles or so, especially if the roads the car is driven on are not the smoothest.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts