RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My righthand side xenon headlight on my L322 (2004, TD6) is driving me crazy.
It started when I once in a while got the "check dip beam light" error message after driving for a few minutes. Both lights would turn on when I started the car and after a few minutes the right headlight flickered and turned off.
My fault code reader (GAP IIDControl) shows the error "0x79 Right dip beam headlight defective" and also shows "0x8E Right side marker defective" and "0x8F Left side marker defective". Both side markers are working perfectly though...

I have now replaced: The xenon bulb, the igniter and the ballast control module. It's still not working and the right headlight will not turn on and I get the same error message.

Do any of you have an idea what I should try to look at?

Best regards

Kasper

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had this exact same problem and after replacing the bulb, igniter and ballast several times I bought and installed a replacement bulb kit from Ebay (for like $50).

I had to cut two wires from the OEM harness and splice in the new (smaller) ballast and bulb. The drivers side OEM setup works fine so I only did the one on the passenger side. 3 years later it still works great!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts