RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am (hopefully) about to pull a trigger on an '04 RR. Coming from a BMW world, I am used to BMW Tis system that is graphical, fully-interactive and very well laid-out. Does something similar exist for RR of my vintage? I searched here and eBay but so far the best I could find either Rave manuals or PDF hell off of eBay. Surely, there must be something better? I wonder how the dealer techs worked on these, doubt it was scrolling through PDFs.
If anyone knows, please do share the knowledge.
Thanks in advance!

D

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Your main option for the BMW years is RAVE but if you have some odd disdain for PDF files you are out of luck. You can also go with paid subscription services.

Links for that last run RAVE manual are in the FAQ at the top of this section.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RRToadHall! I did some digging around and it appears that TESTBOOK/T4 was being used by LR techs back in the day to perform electronic diagnostic, which included symptom-based troubleshooting and repair instructions.
I saw some cables are being sold on eBay but not the actual software listed anywhere. Does anyone know if it is now obsolete and no longer used by anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

Well but there’s the opposite of what OP wants.. I hate using it as well however helpful it is.

Anywho, does TOPiX have a better system? I know it’s still PDF format but is better than what’s in the link above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Testbook was a diagnostic system, not a workshop manual. RAVE Rover Aftermarket Viewing Environment is the manual that the dealers used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts