RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 18 inch wheels off my L322 are available, so are the tires 275/65/18 Duratracs. Actually, so is the bull bar... and the Foxwing... and the Rhino Rack.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do the parking sensors still function correctly with that bull bar?
I believe you can buy a sensor relocation kit. I can't honestly remember if I had it or not. My Wilco Offroad swing away hitchmount tire carrier set off the parking sensors anyway, so I disabled them. Thats available too:

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
63 Posts
where are you located? I may be interested in some of your goodies.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The wheels on the Rover look like some of my favorite wheels from XD. They look good on EVERYTHING! And even better as they approach 22”. Ones in my picture are an XD842:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I wonder if the name "Johnson Rods" came from the Seinfeld episode where Jerry uses the term as a made up car part?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I wonder if the name "Johnson Rods" came from the Seinfeld episode where Jerry uses the term as a made up car part?
I think you’re the first to point this out. Ever.

From what I understand, they make the Rover adjust itself to higher levels due to the longer rod making the EAS think it’s lower than it really is. I heard you lose Super Extended as the shocks hit max ext in “Off-road” height. (This is basically the same height w/rods, but if you happen to try to engage Super while not thinking, it will throw an error) - is this true?

·
Vendor
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Seinfeld episode was classic, but actually I named it after myself using my last name "Johnson" and added "Rods" as the instustry referred to the height sensor arms as rods. I have not heard of any problems with super mode.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
120 Posts
Doesn't changing the rod length to raise the truck add pressure to the air bags? That must make the spring rate go way up right? The ride quality must also go way down then. I have tried running the suspension in extended mode off roading to get over obstacles and the struts extend rapidly and violently when the tire drops into a hole. There isn't enough rebound resistance in the stock shock portion of the strut to control that much spring rate so it slams down when ever the tire drops down. At regular ride height, the ride is good even off roading but the ground clearance is minimal.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The Seinfeld episode was classic, but actually I named it after myself using my last name "Johnson" and added "Rods" as the instustry referred to the height sensor arms as rods. I have not heard of any problems with super mode.

View attachment 284448
How does it ride on that setup? I recall the ride being substantially firmer at off-road height.

·
Vendor
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We get a lot of compliments on the ride. Off road height will be firmer but the added clearance is great to have.
Check our links below for more info.
L322 with 305-45-22 32.8 inches rock star 22 inch wheels with our 2 inch Johnson Rod lift kit

·
Vendor
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is another great example of a lifted L322 using our 2 inch kit.
This one is a 2011 L322 with 33x12.5x22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
Check out our website for more information and our links below

·
Vendor
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The L322 just has a classic look and with the lift and larger off road tires it's a great off road machine.
Our 2 inch lift if just right for this truck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts