RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some old posts about some wiper arm adapters to make it possible to use "normal" wiper blades referring to jager engineering. It seems as if they no longer sell those... short of some sort of DIY project is anyone aware of any other kits which will allow "regular" wiper blades to attach to my wiper arms? The OEM blades are ok, but the frames are annoying when they get ice on them and then they freeze so they no longer conform to the curve of the windshield.

I usually just turn on the heated windshield to survive for a little while until I can pull over and clear the ice, but on long journeys it can be annoying to do this every 30 - 40 minutes or so especially since there aren't always good safe places to stop on an icy highway :p

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind... I will just get a set of the OEM winter wipers (DKC500080PMD), they should work fine. Though if anyone ends up knowing anything useful about some adapters which will work with "regular" wipers, I'd still be interested to hear about them for next time. I know I could drill out and use a bolt or something, but I'd rather not do that if it can be avoided.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Take a look at the wipers and the little plastic part that goes inside. I'd have to go take pictures to remember what I did but 5 minutes with a dremal tool and no permanent changes to the OEM wiper arms and I was able to make standard off the shelf wipers fit. The only thing I know I added on the arms was a stainless bolt and self locking nut to the arm through the hole I reamed out of the plastic part that clips onto the arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts