Range Rovers Forum banner

L322 Why airmatic lowers itself?!

769 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Njaffer 
#1 ·
hello everyone,

i have an interesting airmatic question for you.

I left my truck in standard height. but it automaticly lowers itself after parking more then 1 week. and when i start the engine, it gets back to standard height again. is it a problem or characteristic of all L322?

#2 ·
Under normal conditions it should maintain its parked height.

You likely have an airbag leaking.

A good way to determine whether it’s a simple air leak or an electronic/valve compensation issue is to disconnect the battery next time you park the car for a few days.

Measure the height from the ground to the center of the front and rear bumpers (or each wheel arch) and leave the car for a couple of days.

If the height “drops” during that period you have at least one leaking airbag (probably a front one).

If it retains its height, the bags are still ok and you’ll need to look into why the EAS may be compensating and incorrectly lowering your vehicle when parked.

If you do suspect that you have a leaking airbag (mix some water and dish soap and spray on a pumped up to off road height airbag to help locate bladder leaks), replace that axle’s pair of airbags.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.