RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought myself a 2008 RR Vogue and have to say in the two days and 300 miles I've driven it I'm very impressed. Really comfortable ride as it wafts along the road with ease. I live on a farm so it'll get quite a bit of off road use as a back up to our main 4X4 which is a Mitsubishi truck. We could do with two towing cars so the RR is now down to be the second towing vehicle. The last owner said he bought the car cheap as a non runner 4 years ago after a turbo failure let oil into the engine and caused it to hydraulic. So the engine was rebuilt along with new turbos and valves. He said he is a senior mechanic and worked at a LR main dealer in the past so he's taken care of all the known weak spots with a ZF gearbox oil and filter change and a new air compressor fitted. On this LR everything works apart from one of the rear TV screens, the rear screen wash and one of the tailgate straps is broken. It even has hidden mysteries. It has a parrot hands free phone system that is visible on Bluetooth but I cannot find it and the last owner said he never did either. The standard Bluetooth phone system works fine so I assume someone had a Parrot system fitted as a means to stream music from their phone. If anyone has any suggestions where my on-board parrot may be hiding let me know.

It only came with one key so I had to sort out a second just in case. That was a bit of a journey and I wrote up on that under as a reply to a new key thread in the L322 section.

Its not the first LR I've owned, I had a Series IIA until recently which was great off road and in snow so I'm looking forward to seeing how the RR gets on in the Winter. I have way too many cars so I'll see how I get on with the RR over the next 12 months and either keep it and sell my Merc C Series daily driver or sell it and keep my Merc. How well will probably depend upon how reliable it proves to be.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts