RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

After I checked all technical biulletins from my RR I decided to ask you fellows about driving expirience of you rr (some tdv8 2007 up esspecially welcome)

There is only one thing which attract my attention. Cold or hot when I strat driving , esspeccialy 1-2 gear i feel slight vibration mostly on acceleration pedal
vibration seems to be more intensive during accelerationa and turning (right or left) in the same time and from 2000 rpm to 2300 rpm(circa)

Not sure this is normal or not... I have not had RR before (or 4x4 car),

Not leaking from gear box or drive shaft or axle etc...no problems in ECU

what do you think about that?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Run some searches on this site for transmission vibration. Sounds like it could possibly be the Torque Converter. Does the rev counter (tachometer) needle sort of 'flicker' at those revs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate,
I'm new to the forum and have just purchased my first RR vogue 3.6 TDV8... I have not noticed any of the problems you have mentioned.
This is my first auto too so I would have noticed any harshness. Amazing cars; it's like learning about vehicles all over again! ��

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Code:
I need to review symptoms a little, today i ride with open windows slowly and harshness on accel pedal is only available when gears change (circa 2200 rpm)

In addition when i acceleraiting ( normaly ) i feel ( and hear) some "buu" sound ,really short only on first two gears smwhere between 1500-2300 rpm , no other symptoms , during ride all seems to be ok

What to check ? I found that power steering fluid is not to max (2 cm below max level) ,no leakages under the car ,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Run some searches on this site for transmission vibration. Sounds like it could possibly be the Torque Converter. Does the rev counter (tachometer) needle sort of 'flicker' at those revs?

yes when D i engaged and i keep brake pedal smtimes rev counter flickering a little ... 2mm up and down max...

is it connected with torque?
rgds
Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts