RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I hope someone can offer some advise.
2003 L322 TD6 with 120K on clock.
Recent change of gearbox oil, 5K mile ago
Recent primary fuel pump failure (kept blowing fuses so replacement fitted)
Returning from a 200 mile rouind trip the car lost power gradually over a distance of 20 miles, to the point of down to 30 mph on the motorway.
We pulled off the motorway and the car died.
AA recovery to home, replaced fuel filter, checked output flow from filter, (seemed low, so after much head scratching and checking to see if the secondary pump was running (it is) I removed the primary pump from the tank and had a good look, tested it and suspected it was again at fault. I installed another new one today and IT STARTED!
Took it for a drive and......no power, wont rev, and now intermittant starting again.
I'm very reluctant to take it to a RR dealer at £104 an hour,
Any ideas? anyone? PLEASE

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
So you've had a new pump installed and after a short time it died? Is that correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the pump still runs and pumps, but a replacement pump was fitted and the vehicle started.
During that period the battery went dead completly, so maybe the ECU was re-set and that enabled it to start after I charged it.
I also had a "eureka" moment at about 11 last night and went and got the tourch to see if the intercooler hoses we split, one of them was a tiny bit, so with great entusiasm this morning I duct taped it up and tried it.....no difference...still no power.
I also disconnected the AFM plug and drove the car....no difference...still no power.
Hmmmm

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I think you'd best find someone with diagnostics. That would save you quite a lot of time and money. Do you have anyone locally?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted!
Despite what I thought was the secondary pump running, it clearly wasn't.
Took it out and cleaned the connections, and tested it, put it back and hey presto.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts