RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First post on this site so I would greatly appreciate the help here!

I'm a gear head but new to the L322 which I bought under warranty last year in Feb.

Long story short literally out of the blue one day my brake pedal which used to engage at the top (I maybe had to push 1/2 an inch before I got great pedal pressure) just all of a sudden takes a dump.

I bring it to the dealer, they tell me its old brake fluid. Knowing nothing about the truck or trucks in general and not wanting to deal with it I simply paid them. Got the car back and drove it for half a day and the same thing again. I assumed that they had not bled the system properly.

Bring it back to them and the same thing happens again. From there I wound up moving from NJ back down to FL. When I get down here I try another dealer thinking maybe the guys in NJ aren't all that bright considering I was the one who let them know about the service bulletin for the counter weight on the front diff for vibration issues.

I bring it to Land Rover in Pompano Beach, FL and they tell me the same thing. I pay AGAIN (like an idiot) and the problem is not fixed.

They try to blame it on the aftermarket rotors and pads claiming brake fade and mind you I replaced them WELL before the initial issue happened.

Now the brake fade issue? There is no brake fade!!! How do you get brake fade first thing in the morning when the car has been sitting all night and regardless of how hot I possibly get the brakes I have yet to feel them fade. Clearly they do not know what brake fade is...

Just this horribly dangerous feeling brake pedal that feels like one day is simply going to drop to the floor and I will wind up wrecking... For me to get a good pedal height AND pressure at the same time I have to double tap the brakes which isn't fun when you have someone riding around with you making yourself look like you can't drive...

Thanks in advance for any advice, hopefully I can get a good idea of what is going on before I go back to them next week and have to raise hell.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
There really needs to be a sticky that says you must post your location, MY, & vehicle specifics before posting...

Check the first page on brake line recall if you're '06+. This was happening to me

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There really needs to be a sticky that says you must post your location, MY, & vehicle specifics before posting...

Check the first page on brake line recall if you're '06+. This was happening to me
Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by posting my location, I thought it was under my avatar. New to this forum and this vehicle.

Thanks for the advice, I will be looking into this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts