RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I´ve bought a new valance trim for the front driver seat (Part No. HJR500031SUN). I'm asking for help or some advice.

The old one is broken, and the previous owner left it cracked and supported by some screws. Maybe its easy to deattach the worn trim, but how can I attach the new one? its easy or there is a tip to follow?

Please help.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The trim has mounting tabs in the rear side that clips and mounts smoothly. I would just be sure to not forcefully fit it otherwise you run the risk of breaking the tabs. As you can already tell, one must not drag their bottoms and weight from the seat onto the valance while exiting or entering the vehicle lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trim has mounting tabs in the rear side that clips and mounts smoothly. I would just be sure to not forcefully fit it otherwise you run the risk of breaking the tabs. As you can already tell, one must not drag their bottoms and weight from the seat onto the valance while exiting or entering the vehicle lol
Some people told me its necessary to remove the entire seat?, there is a way to replace this tream without taking the seat out?

As you can see, the trim was supported in those screws, so i guess its easy to take the shait out.
The electric butons must fit into the trim before the instalation, these buttons attach easy?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Some people told me its necessary to remove the entire seat?, there is a way to replace this tream without taking the seat out?
No - it's really pretty easy.
I replaced one on my '03, but it was so easy I can't recall what I had to do other than it only took maybe 10 or 15 minutes at most.
If you don't have the RAVE manual, find and download that, because I believe the seats are the same other than the leather patterns. That could be a good reference for common things like this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No - it's really pretty easy.
I replaced one on my '03, but it was so easy I can't recall what I had to do other than it only took maybe 10 or 15 minutes at most.
If you don't have the RAVE manual, find and download that, because I believe the seats are the same other than the leather patterns. That could be a good reference for common things like this.
Ty a lot :)
Your post gaves me hope !
Seems the electric controls are attached by clips to the trim

·
Registered
385 Posts
Electronic switches are screwed into the valance from the rear side. Unplug the connection. Remove old valance with switches attached. Transfer the switches onto the new valance, plug the connection and mount the new valance. Study the new valance that you bought so you could see where all the tabs mount to. As said above very easy and not time consuming.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
366 Posts
In case you’re not already aware there’s a sliding “lock” on the connector.

From the picture you included you’ll see two plastic pins within a slot on the side. Sometimes it helps to apply a light squirt of WD-40 or equivalent to aid the raising of the “lock”.

As you apply some pressure to the bottom edge of the locking slide, in a vertical motion, the action of the pins within the lock will act to withdraw the full connector as it’s slid upwards.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts