RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For the story, got this roofrack 2 years ago from FrogIsland at a bash price (400 GBP). First Uk trip for the rangy. Great time. A range rover is really the fo anywhere vehicle since all those windows make you comfortable even on the wrong side of the road.

Time passed and i loaded it again on my sport bars to drop it to a friend (Jm) in the South of France.

As he also has a P38, and because he is very good at machining metal, he made me custom brackets for the adaptation.

Took it back to Paris this summer and add directly a Did It My Self deflector to take the noise down after 120 kmh and it works well up to 190 kmh. (Then it's the sound of police officers that you can hear)

Guess what, i prefer this one to the P38 official one because it's a little bit longer and i'm already prepared for the next rangy to come.

Take a look!

Photo taken a Lacanau Lake (South West of France)

Cheers

Flo

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
looks good!
and a free sunvisor too i see... :thumb:

martin

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Hi Flo,
We are headed down to Lacanau (the beach actually - le Porge or vicinity) the week after next. Do you know of any off-roading possibilities in the area? The rack looks good, BTW.

cheers,
Steve

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll post pics soon. The challenge was to not modify the rack in order to keep it L322 compatible. That wasn't the easy way. Special mounts were engineered this way and in order to keep strength and load repartition on thé p38 roof. If anyone get another, i'm able to produce a set of mounts.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
95 Posts
Sorry to bump such an old thread but I'm curious about the mounts you used, do you have any more recent pics? Are you still happy with it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the p38 SD rack on my 02, and it looks like it would work on my 03... Curious about the differences.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts