RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
All depends on what year it is. Workshop manuals for 2002-2005 and 2007-2010 are downloadable with links in the FAQ stickie above. The piece pictured is not a speaker cover though. It's called something along the lines of a load space cover support or load space upper trim...

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
If that is the only break in the trim piece you could always epoxy a washer on the back side of the break since the mounting screw is covered by the E pillar trim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a spare part on eBay. Planning on replacing. Not up for doing a bodge job to be honest. it has this large metal piece underneath the plastic. whats the deal with that?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
That shelf is the vent for all the electronics under it. Without the support metal it would sag from heat.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
I would look at the replacement and check to see where any mounting screws go, other than that look for what looks like clips for holding it on.

Then just apply pressure in those places to remove. Awkward I know......

Regards

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Rave Manual has instructions on how to remove it. From what I remember, when I did interior work two years ago, it was pain in the neck to remove, and not that intuitive to do without instructions.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: RAVE manual - I downloaded it and unpacked it but it appears to be a CD menu. Even with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat installed on my PC, it just seems to be a series on unrelated images, spread across a dozen or so folders. How is is supposed to work? Why not just one large PDF?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Did you follow the ONE direction in the FAQ stickie above? Yes it is a CD menu, there is no install there is only one thing to click. That opens an interactive menu, choose "New Range Rover" and the files are indexed and selectable.

"Click rave-lr.pdf once downloaded and you are set to go on any computer. In other words IT RUNS ON ANY COMPUTER WITH ACROBAT READER."

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for that. Found it! Asks me 'do I trust it' at every page but I'll get that sorted...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine rattles too, and is loose, but I was thinking instead of replacing, I was going to go get some really thick rubber washers or grommets, and put those between the screws at each end. This way, I was thinking the rubber grommets would act as vibration protection and I wouldn't hear the rattle over bumps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts