RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Had quick question. I recently bought a L322 Range Rover that had a few issues I am working out. The previous owner provided me a BMW SAS. I believe the BMW SAS and RR can be used interchangeably? My question is. I took this to my independent and they said the SAS I have is broken because it spins freely. Is this correct? (See video). I purchased All Comm and want to replace myself. But don't want to buy another SAS if the one I have will work.

https://youtu.be/4vFlEcskk7c

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Hello,

Had quick question. I recently bought a L322 Range Rover that had a few issues I am working out. The previous owner provided me a BMW SAS. I believe the BMW SAS and RR can be used interchangeably? My question is. I took this to my independent and they said the SAS I have is broken because it spins freely. Is this correct? (See video). I purchased All Comm and want to replace myself. But don't want to buy another SAS if the one I have will work.

https://youtu.be/4vFlEcskk7c
what makes you think the SAS currently fit to the car is broken? You'll get SAS for reasons other than it being broken. Sometimes it just needs calibration, sometimes it faults as a result of something else further down the line faulting. I have no idea the answer to your question, but I've never actually had one fail. I've had them fault for various reasons which once corrected dropped the fault. What year rig is this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what makes you think the SAS currently fit to the car is broken? You'll get SAS for reasons other than it being broken. Sometimes it just needs calibration, sometimes it faults as a result of something else further down the line faulting. I have no idea the answer to your question, but I've never actually had one fail. I've had them fault for various reasons which once corrected dropped the fault. What year rig is this?
I am getting a "Steering angle sensor ECU internal fault" error within All Comms. Also when I review live data the values are in 32k which is incorrect. I also have DSC/ABS/Brake lights and HDC air suspension in activity. That is the only codes I have. And I have run through the calibrations with All Comms.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
what year rig? a 2003-2005 will do that if you don't turn the wheel lock to lock on first boot up. Otherwise maybe it is indeed broken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what year rig? a 2003-2005 will do that if you don't turn the wheel lock to lock on first boot up. Otherwise maybe it is indeed broken.
Its a 2003. I decided to tackle it today. I like working on this RR but I did not enjoy that. Had one heck of a time trying to get the steering column back into the u-joint. Played with that for over an hour. Just got it all put backed together and ran through the reprogramming SAS with AllComms. Lights went off and I took for a short drive. So far so good. Hopefully everything stays off for now. Also checked live data and everything looks in normal range. To answer my first question. Looks like my indy had no clue. The spinning center is normal. The stock one that came off behaved the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For reference took the old one apart. Looks like a failed contact point.

20181023_090005.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts