RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I've just got myself a 2003 L322 Range Rover Vogue 3.0 TD6

I've been flicking through the classifieds for about a year or so lusting after a Range Rover. I've been going round in circles, looking at the cheapest Range Rovers listed, then looking at 2006-2008 TDV8 models about twice the price of the cheapos then looking at 2010-2012 TDV8 and trying to justify the 2/3x price tag to myself. I nearly went for a well nursed 2008 with an engine rebuild and full main dealer history but I was pipped at the post. I seen a 2003 come on cheaper than the rest and went for it. It's a bit of a dog but I'm gonna put it straight! I work at muddy festival sites in the UK during the summer and it'll be a dream to not get stuck and have to be pulled around by tractors.

I want to setup my landy to be able to best cope with the muddy conditions.

I was thinking along the lines of 16 Inch Alloys & BFG mud terrain tyres. Can anyone recommend specific rims and tyres?

Should I be thinking about a lift kit?

Anything else I need to consider for muddy conditions?

Thank's all!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
383 Posts
Should be lots of threads on here about tire setup. You’d be glad to know that 16inch wheel do not fit L322s. Won’t clear the brakes/calipers. 18s will do with the correct offset. Most go for the compomotive 18s, some stick with getting the Lr3 factory 18s as a cheaper alternative. I myself bought a set of Lr3 18s. Whatever tires you get, make sure the diameter is less than 32inch. Anything higher you will need either a lift kit or adjust the eas system to new heights along with some wheelwell trimming.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts