RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your radio always start on 87.5? :(

Every time I turn the radio on or off, or if I leave it on and start the car back up, the radio always goes back to 87.5 – most annoying? :(

Is there any way of programming it to start on station 1 for example or the last station it was on? :D

2002 V8 Vogue with Sat Nav screen display.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My radio always fires back up on whatever it was last set too, sound liek there's something wrong with yours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is probably not relevant, but just in case: When I start my Rangie with a weak battery, I sometimes find that the radio station presets have been lost and the FM dial defaults to the lowest frequency, which is 87.5. Everything else works, but I lose my programmed stations. Also, the computer screen defaults to German. Which was funny, the first few times. :roll:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine always remembers the presets so i just push button 1-6 to go to a station?

But no matter what I do it always starts on 87.5 after being switched off and on again.... god **** electrical gremlins....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the following - do i need to visit a dealer or is there a cheaper way:

Solution: I am reliably informed (May 2003) that this problem can now be rectified by the dealer using TestBook, and changing the customer personalization "radio preset to key" option.

Problem: Several owners have reported radio problems. Don Anderson reports that his radio rests to "no station" (87.7) and gets just static when left for more than a few minutes. Laurie Wadman reports the same symptom happening sometimes when she first turns on the radio. Tyler Berding reports the same problem when he starts the car -- but in his case it also happens in AM mode, in which case the radio resets itself to 530, no station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts