RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When searching around I've found very little to go on when trying to find out if an L322 steering wheel could be retrofitted to a P38. There's a link to a forum post on rangerovers.net, however when I follow it it says not found.

I'd just like to know if it's possible and what would be involved, I'd really like a walnut p38 steering wheel that doesn't cost the world and looks good, but would also like a newer steering wheel - with working cruise control and stereo controls, and a heated wheel would be a bonus if that could be wired up.

I know p38's are full of electrical gremlins so I shouldn't be looking to add more, but I'd love a heated steering wheel, and an airbag that isn't 20 years old would be nice to have I'm sure.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
if you don't provide the link there is nothing that can be done about it.

CAN it be done, enough money anything can be done. Save half that and buy a proper P38 wheel.

If you really want a heated L322 wheel you will have to change the rotary coupler to get power to the heating element, to change the rotary coupler you will have to change the wiring harness to the rotary couple so you can get power to it, You'll have to use the matching L322 air bag and hope you don;t trigger an SRS error when the L322 bag does not reply to the P38 SRS ECU during self test at startup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts