RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, god where to I begin, I feel I know so much about the l322 because I’ve done plenty of work on my own one and have fix a lot of things on the l322. The car is actually really easy to work on.
Anyways, so my driver side air struct lost air and would make the car sag after driving it. Causing the infamous “air suspension inactive”. I have the reset tool for the l322 so I can always reset my suspension when this happens. Ordered a new air strut from suncore industries. Had it Installed it. Now the car won’t lift in the front. Before with the original bag it would lift to normal ride height but not still lifted. Now what I thought was a bad bag seems maybe not to be the case because the new bag will take air and the lose it. I haven’t found any leaks. I keep looking. And listening. If I lift the suspension all bags will raise, but shortly after the front will drop. I dont understand why. I heard you have to register the new air struct with the computer system is this true?

·
Registered
2004 4.4 V8 Vogue in Silver.
16 Posts
Have you only checked for leaks at the bag or have you checked the pipe all the way along.? The fact that the new bag didn't cure it suggests the original fault is still there. You do not have to register the strut, it has no electronics within it to talk to anything.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,109 Posts
Is your top strut nut tight (real tight). The rubber bushing in the two halves of the upper support are part of the seal, the thre little o-rings along the strut rod don't really hold a lot of pressure and if that center nut is not tightened down the air leaks out along the shaft.

How long does it take to lower down to the stop?

The only connection between the right (or left) strut and the front crossover valve assembly is the plastic air hose that screws into the top of the strut. That line runs under the inner fender and across the top of the firewall (under the in cabin HVAC air intake filter housing, and connects to the crossover valve mounted to the firewall right behind the front right wheel, about 6" above the front subframe. From that valve theres another plastic line going to the passenger side shock (about 14" long or so), and another line (blue I think) that runs down into the passenger (right side) rocker area, passes over the top of the air reservoir tank, and connects to the compressor under your spare tire in the back. Rear is a similar setup, and theres also a line that connects from the compressor to the reservoir directly. If only one side is leaking down the issue is either the bag itself, the plastic line from the bag to the crossover valve, or the crossover valve itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts