RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents,

I have a 2011 L322 that is a daily driver but also spends a fair amount off road. I have Michelin Latitude Diamaris 255 50 R20s on now and they work great on the street and ok offroad. I need to get a larger hybrid on/offroad tire that performs well in mud/desert.

Also need a simple basket/roof rack and low profile light bar.

Any recs?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Voyager makes racks for the L322, they have mounting tabs for individual lights, but doubtful if they will work as-is with a light bar; you may have to modify either the light or the mounts to make one work. As for tires, not sure what is available in 20", but I am sure there is something available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Gents,

Thank you for the replies- it's pretty hard to find offroad accessories for the L322. So far I have made a few solid buys...

1. Nitto Grappler G2 265/50/R20 and kept the original rims.
2. GAP Diagnostics Tool IID (haven't used it yet)
3. OEM Range Rover Roof Rack P/NCAB50070PMA
4. MaxTrax Recovery Boards

Not sure how I'm going to do a light bar, or maybe do a couple bumper mounted lights in the front. I would love a winch since I got stuck once in a creek alone (would have been very helpful).

Next I'm looking at getting a Rhino Batwing maybe or some sort of awning.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
72 Posts
I’m using Cooper Zeon 285/50R20 on my ‘07 RR S/C and I’m very happy with them.

There was some slight rubbing on the right rear inner plastic guard when the suspension was at the original access height and vehicle loaded. Since recalibrating the suspension to +35mm, there is plenty of clearance. The rubbing could have been avoided by re-molding the inner guard bump with a heat gun.

I’ve also seen people running 285/55R20 but with RR Sport wheels which have slightly more offset.

My tyres and the 35mm suspension recalibration give a 50mm (2”) overall lift.

I understand your concern with the lack of aftermarket parts for the L322. I built my own rear drawer system, rock sliders and rear hitch mount tyre / Hilift carrier. I’m about to make some underbody protection.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
72 Posts
I don’t have a good answer for where to run the wiring. Since I have a roof top tent, I run my light bar wiring under the tent to the rear tailgate where it passes over the sealing rubber. I don’t appear to get any dust or water ingress.

The rear fuse area is a convenient location to place your fuses, relays and find a power feed. As for switch location, I plan to fit a switch in the overhead console once I figure out how to link it to the high beam circuit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice. Yeah I just would like to know how to wire the switch? What would be the best solution to power switch from interior wiring? A standard 3 wire switch. I am thinking switch location to be below HVAC controls on the left I have some space for a small switch. I guess I could tap into cigarette plug...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Whatever you decide, make sure that your switch only activates a relay switch, as most switches can’t handle the current that the light draws and you risk a fire..

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
335 Posts
Designed and made special clamps to allow a Frontrunner Rack to fit on OEM rails:

IMG_8062.jpg

Reactions: RR876
1 - 15 of 15 Posts