Range Rovers Forum banner

L322 Key not working

45K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Mariner30 
#1 ·
Hi,
My spare key for my 2002 (52) Range Rover Vogue V8 only works when used in the key-hole but not remotely. I have changes the battery and the light flashes when pressed but the doors stay silent. The other key works fine. Any ideas out there?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
holmesy said:
Hi Gazellio

Hope this helps.....

Programming a new Key

Replacing a missing master key is quite expensive from Land Rover, try not to get sucked into the extra cost of "Dealer coding" You can do this yourself in 2 minutes by following the simple process below.

1) Get in and close all doors. Turn ignition on and off quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).

2) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, while holding down the "unlock" button, press the "lock" button three times. Release the "unlock" button. (You may or may not get the confirmation from the door locks.) Holding the key at your head level provides best results as the key sensor is in the side window pillar.

3) Repeat for each key you want to initialize within 30 seconds after the last one you initialized (if you have more).

4) Right after doing the last key, quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on/off again to finalize.

And that works on a 2002 Vogue? How on earth did you find that out?

Gary

Discussion starter · #6 ·
BRILLIANT!

Many thanks Holmesy I have just attempted your programming fix and it worked second time of trying.

First time I forgot to hold the key at head height near the door pillar but second time Bingo the Central locking "Locked" to confirm after pressing lock three times and the key now works remotely.

VERY pleased so many thanks again. Great Forum.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
holmesy said:
Nice one!... glad you got it sorted. :thumb:
Like 03rangiemark said all you need to do is use the search,its helped me out lots of times without having to post the question. :idea:
Will search first in future.

However having correctly coded the spare key I have just found out that the first key no longer works. I re-coded that and then the spare will not work. It seems I cannot have both keys coded at the same time?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
umbertob said:
Did you repeat the procedure for the other key within 30 seconds of initializing the first one, as per above directions?

Oops :doh:

I must start to read these posts more carefully before wasting every bodies time.

I have now programmed both keys together and they both work great.

Sorry again and thanks again for a great and very cheap fix :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.