RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've thought about coil conversion and it's an option but I can't seem to find one that offers a lift? I would like the coils for better reliability on a trail. This range will be used for camping and light of roading. Waking up in the woods to a deflated ride would be fairly serious.
Johnson rod kit I believe gives you 2” of lift.

Coilovers are available for L322 but the problem with this is the warning cancellers are good until 2009. I don’t think they’re good for 2010-2012. Something about the VDS? You can chance it, and perhaps with the cancellers and a viable dummy load on the VDS you could possibly achieve success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I put in a standard strut and drove it about 40 miles without an issue. The yellow triangle and ADS fault are on but doesn't seem to effect driveability. Having the Gap Tool is invaluable. She looks good with the 265's! I have Johnson Rods, but having the Gap Tool to lift it is a better solution IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I put in a standard strut and drove it about 40 miles without an issue. The yellow triangle and ADS fault are on but doesn't seem to effect driveability. Having the Gap Tool is invaluable. She looks good with the 265's! I have Johnson Rods, but having the Gap Tool to lift it is a better solution IMO.
Looks good! Did you have to realign after the height adjustment? Also I agree the Gap Tool would be better because you’re not putting longer arms to fake it into believing it’s lower than it is.

One mistake bumping it into super extended and BOOM

·
Registered
2 Posts
To the OP: I don’t know how to disable the ADS error message, but I wanted to pass this along in case it’s helpful to you (or others) on this board AND because IT WAS SO SIMPLE despite eluding ME, RRS software, my high-end Bosch code scanner, the super-expensive subscription-based snap-on code scanner another tech ran on it, and EVEN the DEALER failed to discover it with their diagnostic device...

Here it goes: even if your system is otherwise functioning perfectly(ie struts perfect, air springs perfect, the LR tech bulletin kit installed replacing the fir tree connectors in the top of each of the front struts, etc) the dreaded “Adaptive Suspension Error” message will persist IF YOUR FUSE IS BLOWN. And no, I don’t know how it is that the system can raise and lower and the ADS can be actively functioning with the fuse blown... but it can... (?!))

Yes—I know checking the fuse should be obvious. Yes, this happened to me. Yes, it’s embarrassing. Yes, checking the fuse should have been the first thing I checked. But it eluded me, a private tech and even the dealer... long story that I won’t tell... but if you’ve replaced your air springs or done some other work on the system and you’re getting the ADS error check your fuse—it’s one of the “regular” sized fuses in the trunk fuse box (ie not one of those enormous sized fuses back there).

Hope this is helpful to you or someone else...

Best

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
I guess I also dont get it. And I wheel a D2 on 37's with FZJ80 axles, and have a P38 with a built LS motor in it....
But the '11 FFSC is what it is. I'm not after making a round peg fit snuggly into a square hole.
And this site, as you'd know if you'd been here a decade or so, is aimed at maintaining the rigs, not butchering them.
Your options are to get the regular struts over here for @$600 I guess, then hack the wiring and try to trick the computer into thinking all is well. Meanwhile running the high risk of pissing off the HDC, TC, ABS and so on
Or, go to Island 4x4 and get shiny new OEM struts sent over, and keep everything as it was meant to be, for not a lot more coin.
There is also a new harness you can buy to get rid of most of the hassles with the adaptive struts. Under $50 IIRC
So dont get butt hurt when someone doesn't get it, he isn't alone. You can and will get replies you don't like here, get used to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know.of any other systems but there may be? I did go to a guy who had a few different machines to edit CCF files but couldn't do it.. Nanocom does list turn off adaptive suspension warning in instrument cluster
Rob IID can edit CCF. If youre near Houston you can use mine but youll need to pay the 77$ to activate it to your VIN

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Harrison, just picked up an L494 and love driving it at off road height, but don’t want to put rods on it until I get bigger tires (and smaller wheels). Does the IID allow you to set a high default/parking height?

also, if anyone wants to get rid of 20” black wheels and wants some 21s (why 21??) let me know!

thanks all, ya’ll are a great group!

Rob IID can edit CCF. If youre near Houston you can use mine but youll need to pay the 77$ to activate

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey Harrison, just picked up an L494 and love driving it at off road height, but don’t want to put rods on it until I get bigger tires (and smaller wheels). Does the IID allow you to set a high default/parking height?

also, if anyone wants to get rid of 20” black wheels and wants some 21s (why 21??) let me know!

thanks all, ya’ll are a great group!
Yes, it does. IID lets you do the same thing as Johnson rods w/o installing anything. It’s actually a step better because your suspension doesn’t error out when you hit super extended like w/ rods.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts