RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had the fololwing problem or can advise me on it??

the steering on my 54 plate td6 vouge has gone really heavy, when i turn of the engine and start it back up it go's back to normal for a few seconds (nice and light) and then heavy again...

if any one can help me it would be really appreciated...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine sometimes stays heavy then lightens up if I go from 60mph to a roundabout. Something to do with the variable power steering system. I'm guessing yours is somehow staying stiffened up as if you were traveling at motorway speed. I haven't a clue how this sytem works. Unless you have something simpler like a slipping belt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a somewhat similar problem where at times when I start the engine the steering is heavy and other times it is normal. Also when you slowdown the power steering does not always go back from heavy to light.

I talked to the dealer and they said that it is a common problem and unless it is really bothering me I should consider this one of the issues that I should get used to.

Adriaan
2005 4.4 V8 Vogue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I I'm new in this forum, I have the same problem.. heavy steering after around 60mp/h,
If somebody has fix this problem can help me..
I live in Italy and I don't like entry in Land Rover.. and here not many people like Britain have a Range Rover,
I test with RSW and I can look "servo-valve on short or open circuit"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts