41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
FFRR 2005 Vogue 4.4 V8
18 Posts
In the US of A:

NHTSA ID: 10026282
TSB ID: SA-Q-041

Land rover service campaign: see document search button for owner letter. csc letter was received for range rovers model years 2003-2005. a potential concern with the alignment of the joint that connects the front propshaft to the front

NHTSA ID: 10026362
TSB ID: Q-041

Land rover: service action: front differential to propeller shaft spline wear - repair procedure. updated 6/29/09.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Great info , thank you all, i just took the rig for a drive today and all is well again ... i repaired it using my own methods but in the future i may take it to land rover if i feel it failing again ,.. so do they actually put in a new “improved"
front diffrential or what is it exactly that they do in the service action to rectify the issue?Surely i do not see the putting in a union the counter the issue....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If you look on the index page at the stickies at the top, you’ll see there’s a post titled “First Gen L322 Front Differential Issues/Recall” which, so far, has had 191,000 views and goes into this subject in huge detail.

** INFO** First Gen L322 Front Differential Issues/Recal

Phil
Hey that new transfer cse worked out great..all my gremlins have now vanished under the car.. you know the cost to purchase the transfer case motor is not worth it at $1800 considering a brand new transfer case with the new motor included is only $2200 at LRdirect.Thx again for your help Phil

41 - 45 of 45 Posts