Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Trust everyone is keeping well.
Been a while since I have posted. I cant log in to my old account as the email registered is no longer live. So I am here as a newbie :)

I am in a quandry and wonder if anyone else has had this issue.

I have a 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE and it had been stood for a while.
Got in, started it up, no issues at all. Managed to flatten car battery and got it recovered to a specialst who charged it up serviced and MOT'd it etc.

However, the car in the car lost its sync. Starts the car fine, will not lock/unlock and seat / radio preset not working.

Got the spare key all woreking as it should.

They went to resynce the key with lost memory, it worked and the spare lost its sync with the car. To cut a long story short, Every time 1 key syncs the other one loses it sync.
They have checked with SDD and also told the car it has 2 new keys but still only one key will sync. Has anyone else had this issue and can give some idea of what the issue could be? Battery in the key is fine but car will only accet one key.

Look forward to any suggestions as the garage are pretty stumped :)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,466 Posts
You have to resync all the keys you have at the same time. Starting the sync process erases all previous FOBs. As soon as the first FOB cycles the door locks, repeat the sync process on the next one. Do not put the key back in the ignition switch until all FOBs are done. First key done is driver 1, 2nd is driver 2, etc. That affects the radio stations, mirrors and steering column presets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to resync all the keys you have at the same time. Starting the sync process erases all previous FOBs. As soon as the first FOB cycles the door locks, repeat the sync process on the next one. Do not put the key back in the ignition switch until all FOBs are done. First key done is driver 1, 2nd is driver 2, etc. That affects the radio stations, mirrors and steering column presets.
Thanks mark.

The guy who was doing the sync is a land rover senior tech.
He tried and did all what you put and more but still only one key or the other would sync.
He tried all sorts but the car will not accept more than one key.
He even told the car it had 4 keys but still only accepts one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts