RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than a dealer visit is there a diy way of activating the drl function...mines a 05 touch screen head unit ...i dont know whether the stuff in the back is bmw or not but its got landrover labels all on it....

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
Day Time Running Lights

I would just print out a list of dealer selectable options and make a one time shot and have all things changed at once.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Daytime running lights. Not sure how it was with the BMW system, but on recent model years with Ford/Denso electronics (touchscreen navigation, etc.), I'm afraid the only way to get those enabled in markets where they are not mandatory is through diagnostics - either at a dealer or an indy shop equipped with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought it might be a dealer job, thanks...where would i find a list of options that the dealer could activate for me...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I know I've seen someone compile an inclusive list of the dealer-only selections and it's in the forum somewhere. I looked in my saved files, but apparently I didn't save it. It was a year or so ago. If you do a search, it'll come up somewhere.
It's hard to get one from a dealer (mine, anyway). On my first service at my local indy mech., He and I went through the menus while he had Testbook hooked-up, because he had nothing in writing on what selections there were. I took my choices as we went through them. Some I expected thanks to this forum, and there were a few unexpected that came up too.
DRLs is an option on the '03 as well, and I planned to have him turn it on, but he talked me out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts