RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all followed the instructions to empty the coolant by twisted the small red knob bottom drivers side of radiator filled with dexcool now whenever I check the reservoir keeps showing low I suspect coolant is coming out through the overflow on the reservoir I'm thinking I have an air lock somewhere when I filled it the range was flat surface with the small black screw out of the reservoir and when I refill I take this out till fluid comes out now the fluid indicator stick is back to the bottom weird any advise appreciated

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
After you reinstall the bleed screw and cap you are letting the engine reach full temp right? Then you are letting it cool completely... right? Only after at least one full temp cycle can you check/top off the reservoir.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Todd hall when I drained the coolant I tightened the red knob at the bottom of the radiator then filled the reservoir with the back screw out until the coolant came out of the back screw started the car then let the car cool and topped up, the issue now is every couple of weeks I'm topping up the reservoir due to it coming out of the overflow no leaks , I'm wondering if I have air in the system I also used dexcool from advanced auto parts .

The reason I'm asking is when the range has been driven sometimes it doesn't change up the gears and over revs, then it's ok again had the oil changed in both gearbox and engine and from reading this forum it indicates the radiator is full of gunk at the bottom and restricting the water flow around the gear box ,

My next step was to have a new radiator installed from one off rock auto and the whole system flushed as the range has 111k miles original radiator, any advise appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts