RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've got a 2004 (54) L322 TD6 SE, i'm trying to find out if there is a way of programming my car to lock the doors automatically after i set off, like in the new mini's/bmw's etc?

The mrs has a mini that does that after she sets off, locks all doors automatically, as i have to manually lock mine, surely there must be a way of doing this. Any help would be much appreciated.. :D

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
& in the US of A, it's like $65 or $85 for the dealer to just press the simple switch to enable auto locking at 15 km/h. Absolutely retarded.

i'm still trying to figure out if unlocking can be done automatically when the ignition is turned to off, like the RRS, or is it another stealer deal.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am almost certain this feature is unavailable. Actually this is the list of dealer personalization options:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Thanks adara

That's what I feared. Absolutely silly, but whatever.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, it is completely available. However, unless you have the OBD programmed for Range Rover you will have to pay the dealer. Good bye $140 USD. Ridiculous. That said, I much prefer the vehicle to lock when I drive away. Particularly with kids.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I may have inadvertently stumbled across a solution to setting the automatic locking. It seems to work with my 2007 HSE, but I'm reluctant to repeat since it is working again...

Yesterday I attempted to close all the windows and sunroof by turning the key in the door lock in the direction of "locking". It didn't work (the windows and sunroof remained open), so I unlocked the door using the key in the door.

For some reason I turned the key three times.

Anyway, when I drove off later with my son, the doors did not automatically lock. When I stopped to drop him at his next activity, I automatically hit the button to unlock the doors ("Uh, dad, you just locked the doors..."). Got home, hit the button, locked myself in. Went back to pick him up (accompanied by other son), stopped, hit button, locked first son out of car. You get the idea...

When I got home again, recalling that I had turned the key in the door lock three times in the "unlock" direction, I decided to try turning the key three times in the "lock" direction. Voila! Automatic locking when the reverse camera turns off at approximately 15km/10mph.

I have no idea if the three turns is the trick, but this seems to have worked for me.

Or, it's all just coincidence, and the auto locking just stopped working for a few hours...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIV / L405
14 Posts
Im going to try this on 2008 HSE ill let you know if it works as of now i have to manually lock my doors when im driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts