RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, new to this site but not LRs. My 2004 TD6 HSE is asking for a code before it will start, The dash display is " CODE ----". My wife ran out of fuel and this code appeared on the 3rd attempt to start the car. Land Rover and the dealer have no idea. Reticent to have it towed to dealer if it is an easy fix, have tried disconnecting battery for 10 mins to reset but to no avail, can anyone help, many Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Umbertob, its been an issue for 4 months now, LR are saying the L322 does not have a unique code, also didnt receive a manual from the dealer when bought and after the experience I have had with them to date I am wary of giving it back to them, Does anyone know how to input a code on a L322, I know you can use the door lock on a P38 ?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
You mean you haven't been able to start the engine for 4 months now?!? Dude... Attached is the "Engine Interlock Code" page from the 2004 User Manual (scroll down to page 9), hope it helps. FWIW you can view and print PDFs of all user manuals for any market and model year from TOPIx, you don't even need a subscription: http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/i18n/index#

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
First try code "1515" which was the default code.

If not successful, do the following:

Interlock code - emergency deactivation​
If your code is no longer available to you there isan emergency procedure that will delete the codeand allow the engine to be started.Follow the instructions in your OwnersHandbook and disconnect the earth terminal ofthe vehicle battery.After at least one minute, reconnect the battery.At this point the alarm will sound so be sure tohave the remote handset available to turn it off.The vehicle systems will reset. See your OwnersHandbook regarding system resetting afterbattery disconnection.Turn the starter switch to position​
II. Theon-board computer will display a 10 minutecounter. When the 10 minute count iscompleted, the engine can be started and a newcode activated, if required.
NOTE:​
The starter switch MUST remain in
position ‘II’ throughout the 10 minute count.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Really? 1515 was the defaul EKA code for P38s.
It may or may not have been for the 2004. I saw conflicting information. It is worth a try. The reset procedure is for a 2003 Range Rover, so it should work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys, have tried the earth terminal removal to no avail, how do I input the 1515 code?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Have you looked at the pdf attached to post # 4 above? You use the right rotary dial to enter the code (turn to select first digit, push to enter and move to next digit), then select "Deactivate" and hope it works.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Ugh... Sorry, I didn't know there was such a beast abroad, I think here in NA the satnav was standard issue on MY04s so I wrongly assumed yours was fitted with it as well. In that case, see ettachment and follow directions on page 17. Let us know how it ends!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Umbertob, will try that option tomorrow, we are the poor relations here! We are so small we don't need SatNav !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts