RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a EAS leak that has been present for some time (car on bump stops in the morning).

I have traced the leak to the front LH corner by raising the car to high setting and then listening at each corner for the sound of air escaping. The car has done 64K miles but he airbag in question looks in good condition with no cracking of the rubber.

My questions are -

Is it likely to be the front strut itself that is faulty or could there be another part that is leaking near the strut?

What is the most economical way of fixing the problem, can I get a reconditioned strut somewhere?

If I replace the strut do I really need to get the RH front done at the same time?

How long should a dealer be charging in terms of labour to replace the strut?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Linux

Do you know where this is located, what does it look like, whats the best way to test if it is working properly?

Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
129 Posts
Same issue I am having right now...I replaced the front struts but that wasn't the issue. I hear air leaking from left front somewhere, maybe the line, maybe just underneath the body...really hard to say. Any thoughts on first steps? I need to read the fault code but alas no reader and I'm already $700 into this with new struts doing the work myself.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Same issue I am having right now...I replaced the front struts but that wasn't the issue. I hear air leaking from left front somewhere, maybe the line, maybe just underneath the body...really hard to say. Any thoughts on first steps? I need to read the fault code but alas no reader and I'm already $700 into this with new struts doing the work myself.
I'm having the same issue.

Could hear air leaking from the wheel well. I had the left front strut replaced with a brand new one.

Now I still hear air rushing out and the front corner drops to the bump stops.

The air I hear whooshing out sounds louder in the wheel well than it does in the engine bay. Could this be a bad air line or connector? Or would you be able to hear a failed valve from the wheel well.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
515 Posts
So what did you guys find out the source of the leak was? I have a similar issue. I hear air hissing Dr Side Frt. The Front end is on the Bump Stops, but the rear is fine. I do not have any Error Messages on the console though....

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
So what did you guys find out the source of the leak was? I have a similar issue. I hear air hissing Dr Side Frt. The Front end is on the Bump Stops, but the rear is fine. I do not have any Error Messages on the console though....
Did you end up repairing yours?

I've got a 2010 RR HSE that just did this exact same thing. The only difference with mine is that I hear the hissing sound coming from my right wheel well. I'm thinking it may be my front suspension valve block (part $149 here) bc initial inspection of my strut and airbag seems cosmetically in good condition. Maybe it's wishful thinking hoping this will be a cheaper fix.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Have you had a chance to repair your RR? My 2010 RR HSE is having same scenario as your description, except mine is hissing from the right wheel well. I am hoping it's the valve block ($149 part) and not the strut. Initial visual inspection shows my strut to look cosmetically healthy. If anyone has any updates on their issues I'd greatly appreciate any info.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Installer incorrectly installed the air line on the new bag.

I took it to the dealer who rectified the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts