RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently went through an ordeal with ball joints on both of my rovers and have tested several manufacturers' offerings so I made a video describing my experiences with them.

Just wanted to share and hope it helps you all out. BTW, by the end of the video I got the terminology for "taper" and "seat" correct, I think. lol

Also, the other point is that the bolt holes on the Delphi that I received and installed previously did not line up with the factory bolt hole locations on the hub assembly, so instead of drilling out the holes on the Delphi to make them larger, I returned them under warranty.

I will be installing the Moog joints on Rover 2 this coming Sunday, so I'll update you on how to install goes and how they perform.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I used Moog ball joints on my '03 too, with no problem.

I'm surprised the Delphi's had problems fitting. Ball joints ain't rocket science.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very good comparison!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Just to add for anyone who is doing this. I pounded on one side for a considerable amount of time and the thing was pretty well seized in there... You want an air hammer with a blunt tip, zaps it right out if you're having problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
buba
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing