RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
From reading some of the other threads, I see that an entire new black and blue pipe section with orange fittings can be sourced through LR part # WJP000480, however, I just found this thread, and I think i'm going to go the route of replacing the connector itself.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Not that it helps you but maybe will help others in the future, but is there a special tool that removes the "not so quick disconnect" fitting of these fuel hoses? Seems like a horrific design and very much prone to breaking unless there's a special tool that unlocks it safely.
On a topic at hand, fuel pump nipple seems to be a standard size, so theoretically, you can just cut off the quick disconnect fitting and make a standard 90-degree elbow with regular rubber fuel hose line and use a standard screw-on clamp. Just an idea if all else fails..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks dlimanov. We have a temporary solution until we get a chance to splice a male-to-male hose barb union into the factory line. In the long-run I intend on dropping the tank and building new, custom nylon fuel lines with Dorman 5/16" right angle connectors and plenty of slack in the fuel line. The factory solution is built for longevity with its quad locking teeth, but not friendly for service. I do not believe there is any special tool to remove the orange fittings, they are most likely meant to be replaced when removed.

Here's my video describing an emergency fix.

Also, just to document the fix for transparency, here's a link to another thread covering the same problem. I'm also posting my video there so anyone who needs the info can have easy access.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks dlimanov. We have a temporary solution until we get a chance to splice a male-to-male hose barb union into the factory line. In the long-run I intend on dropping the tank and building new, custom nylon fuel lines with Dorman 5/16" right angle connectors and plenty of slack in the fuel line. The factory solution is built for longevity with its quad locking teeth, but not friendly for service. I do not believe there is any special tool to remove the orange fittings, they are most likely meant to be replaced when removed.

Here's my video describing an emergency fix.

Also, just to document the fix for transparency, here's a link to another thread covering the same problem. I'm also posting my video there so anyone who needs the info can have easy access.
Thanks for the video! it will be useful for the community in the future!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts