RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New to forum and this is my first post so please be gently with me.

I have got a L322 04 plate and have managed to pull it back from the grave, water ingress at the rear causing compressor and stereo to fail. have fixed all this including the water leak and now want to make her a bit more modern and get rid of the yellow indicator lens, so it can match the clear lens i have just purchased at the rear. I have to purchase a at least one side as this is cracked thanks to a pheasant.

I have searched every where and can only find clear side repeaters.

Has anyone found the front side lights with clear indicators, or does anyone know if i can use the sidelight lens and replace the yellow indicator lens with it.

Sorry if this topic has been covered but i have searched the forum and not found it listed.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Pretty simple stuff I’m surprised it hasn’t been covered. Buy the clear indicator lenses and some yellow bulbs. All parts are 2006+ MYs, so shouldn’t be difficult to find the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
I thought the indicators were different and combined with the headlight on 2006 models . Im in the UK and can not seem to find a clear lens. The only replacement is with the yellow lens and the side light directly below.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To avoid any confusion i want to change the yellow lens to clear, i have attached a pic of the offending yellow indicator
. l322 front sidelight and indicator.jpg

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You need an 05 to 09 supercharged HSE to get the clear over clear rear tail lamps. But there is no equivalent front marker for the 02 to 05 RR's. You would have to disassemble the housing and find a clear lens somewhere.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
The rear is easy and have those on order, its the front I'm struggling with.
Yea, we got that. Have you thought about trying aftermarket companies? what your describing was a huge deal here in the States.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, tried after market companies, I'm surprised that i can't find as they do the rears but not the fronts. i was wondering if its possible to change the lens in the std unit with a clear sidelight lens. Has anyone done it, if so how easy is it.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Ah I understand now..

Check with PowerfulUK, they may have a supplier that does something like that or a service that will turn them clear. Otherwise I remember seeing someone that made a clear indicator lens on YouTube and took apart the shell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've already spoken to PowerfulUk and they don't offer them, i will see if i can find the YouTube video

1 - 10 of 10 Posts