RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
Also to clarify this is the 2006 4.4 Litre Jag petrol engine. Diesel is not offered in the USA. Now has 532,000 kms. Radiator, water pump and complete thermostat housing replaced, (wife overheated it!!) . Valve cover gaskets about 150,000 kms ago. plugs and coils about 200,000 kms ago (didn't really need to be replaced but I did it anyhow, plugs all looked good coming out and no misfires), air struts just replaced for 2nd time. Both rear height sensors, Power steering reservoir (the filter get's nasty at the bottom, simple fix), coolant tank (original one had issue where low coolant light would randomly come on, new tank is slightly different shape), just replaced both belts, tensioners and newly designed guide for secondary belt that helps prolong the alternator lifespan Both front and rear differentials and transfer case drained and fluid replaced, standard stuff, no transmission work but it has recently developed the dreaded leak from the pass-through sleeve, that is my next major project. Lower front control arms, put in Moog sway bar linkages front and rear, sway bar bushings, front replaced once, just replaced rear ones again for 2nd time. Both Catalytic converters, put in Magnaflow cats), the rest of the exhaust is original. Also have new rear upper control arms ready to go in. No major engine problems ever, still runs like a clock. I advise getting a fuel system cleanout every 100,000, massive improvement to idle and fuel economy.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts