RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm new to forum, I looking to purchase a L320 probably at the bottom end of the market.
I was hoping to come across a buyers guide of such, the search function is super helpful.

Anyone point me in the direction of where I can find one, from what I've read so far I could buy a big exspense!

Many thanks in advance and hello!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,781 Posts
No body here has volunteered to write up a buyers guide so we don;t have one. Your best bet is lots of reading and usual common sense. Make sure it has been maintained and well taken care of.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
820 Posts
You pays your money, you take your chances.
Great vehicles. Perhaps some crazy problems but excellent Trucks.
Mine still feels and looks new. 175,000 kms.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought a 13 rrs SC with 70k. A few things I could recommend coming from a noob owner: 1- get a vehicle inspection prior to purchase...mine is running great now but had a 4k repair like 3 weeks after purchase. I'm sure an inspection could have found this. Unless you turn your own wrench, dealer repairs can get downright crazy expensive. The 2-300$ for an inspection is well worth it. 2- make sure it has a great service history as has been stated...if you're looking at the older l320s I think (maybe someone smarter than me can clarify) some models had issues with the timing chain so make sure those have been ironed out or at least been changed within a reasonable distance. Also, if the mileage is around 80k plus see if you can find out if any suspension components have been replaced. The air suspension will develop holes/leaks and proper service is a must. Here's a link to basic maintenance at what interval

https://www.lrshops.com/land-rover-factory-maintenance-schedule

3- it's a known issue that the sunroofs leak in some of these, check the interior for signs of water damage. 4- try and get a warranty from the place of purchase...just a good idea. I can't think of anything else...as I said, I'm new to Rovers but this is what I've gathered so far in my searches. Great vehicles, you won't be disappointed if you get one that's been taken care of! I have had the truck for almost 3 months and love to drive every chance I get! Best of luck in your search!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, thats really useful!

I seen posts about suspension and turbo being common issues.

Does any of this change when you consider the pre-facelift vs facelift (2.7 vs 3.0 tdv6)

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged L320
6 Posts
Hey,

I'm new to forum, I looking to purchase a L320 probably at the bottom end of the market.
I was hoping to come across a buyers guide of such, the search function is super helpful.

Anyone point me in the direction of where I can find one, from what I've read so far I could buy a big exspense!

Many thanks in advance and hello!
You can go the any online Land Rover part supplier and do some simple addition for normal things like brakes, control arms, air shocks, ride height sensor, coolant hose complete package and realize you are either going to be mechanically inclined or have a fat wallet for the dealer.

Any one of the items I covered are going to be WAY more expensive than any regular rig, but the ability to drive one of the fastest supercharged vehicles I have ever owned make it worth the sweat and blood for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts