RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my radio says "Low power mode" and lowers the volume whenever I turn off the car and try to keep the radio on. I was told the battery could use replacing.
What battery do most recommend for my 09 Range Rover sport? Its a v8, non-turbo model.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts
I'd find your local Interstate battery location and have them test it and if it's the battery have them replace it. If you are in North America that's what your local dealer would most likely install and charge you a lot more for the same thing. It's probably non supercharged

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, my radio says "Low power mode" and lowers the volume whenever I turn off the car and try to keep the radio on. I was told the battery could use replacing.
What battery do most recommend for my 09 Range Rover sport? Its a v8, non-turbo model.
Thanks in advance
I am in the AA breakdown and I had some battery issues ,I had parts and labour cover along with my breakdown and was told that because of all the battery drain issues with lead acid type they now replace them with agm type batteries .not had any issues since it was replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the AA breakdown and I had some battery issues ,I had parts and labour cover along with my breakdown and was told that because of all the battery drain issues with lead acid type they now replace them with agm type batteries .not had any issues since it was replaced.
Copy that. Thank you all

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts
If you go to an AGM battery make sure they go in and change the charging parameters in the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go to an AGM battery make sure they go in and change the charging parameters in the system.
Where can I find out more info about this? A friend mentioned that for a 2009 Range Rover sport this may not be necessary. Want to do it right. Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts
Your friend could be correct, the AGM batteries were installed in vehicles that have the stop/start system and that may have started in 2010. My shop manual only covers 2010-2013 and I know on my 2011 (non stop/start) I can change the setting wth my GAP IID tool.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
Don't conflate the two. The Low Power mode is normal behavior and has nothing to do with whether or not your battery needs replacing. It's there so you don't drain it. Annoying at times yes like at the drive-in. Get your battery properly tested if you suspect it needs replacing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks in advance
I had the same “low power” warning, with radio turning off, until I bought a battery maintainer which I apply monthly, and whenever the car is unused. My 2010 RRS has only been used for short trips, and the battery never has had time to fully charge. No problems since getting the battery maintainer.

·
Registered
L320 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE Java Black
5 Posts
It’s normal. As Phil said above. Don’t break your head over it. If you have the Rover running That’s a different story. Could be a short somewhere or a battery issue. But from your experience it’s normal and nothing you can do to change that. I’ve been thinking of changing the stereo but that’s a whole other issue that takes too long to explain. It’s not plug and play as you would think.
Anyways I hope that helps.
Changing your battery isn’t hard. You can do it yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts