RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it’s been a long while since I’ve been on the forum, and even longer since I’ve owned my ‘04. After I got rid of my ‘95 LWB County because of an accident, I waited a few years and bought a used ‘04. Kept it for a couple of years, but had too many problems considering I often drive out to lonely places in Texas where there are no repair parts or mechanics. Fortunately, I was able always able to limp it home. Most of the time I did all the repairs because, while they caused a big headache, they were easy to fix.

Now, I’m getting the itch again. This time I’m looking at the ‘13 or ‘14 my.

Any thing I need to be especially keen to look out for? I reviewed the forum and didn’t really notice anything on an on-going basis, except for maybe the AC not cooling when the sun in shining hard on you. Did I miss some postings I need to review?

TIA

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
21 Posts
As I just stated in another thread, my 2013 HSE, which will be 5 years old in June, recently turned over 114K miles. Totally reliable other than replacing front air struts. Maintenance is fairly minimal and still drives tight. There aren't very many 2013s out there since it was a late introduction and short supply. But if you can find a nice HSE it will have the NA V8 which is way smoother than the SC V6 which was the base engine in 2014+. Otherwise, need to move up in price to SC V8. No issues with AC or keeping it cool, even in hot, humid weather (I have the 4-zone option and cooled seats front and rear). Unlike the BMW X5 which I traded in...could not stay cool and I still see comments about this issue in BMW forums. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 14 SC w/ 80K miles. Haven't had it that long so I can't comment on issues but I can tell you that even with 80K miles, it looks and drives like a new car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 14 SC that's at 48k miles at just about 4 years old. It is my first Range Rover (I was a little nervous about whether I'd have a lot of issues) -ordered to my spec - with just about all options selected. It has been flawless from a reliability standpoint, and it its a spectacular vehicle driving and features wise. Still drives today like the day I picked it up. I'd probably agree with some of the commentary you see about responsiveness of infotainment, but that has not really bothered me. My only real complaint was after new brakes were installed they squealed terribly, but that was rectified with a quick trip back to the dealer. I would recommend the supercharged if you can find one. Its great fun. Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a RRS 14HSE with 49k miles. Front right door would not stay shut (known issue) had them replace the handle. One fault code issue and the big one is they replaced the Supercharger @ 48k miles, would have been a huge expense if not under warranty. Outside of that i love the vehicle and hope to enjoy for many more miles to come.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is all very encouraging. I put about 25-30k miles a year on my truck and generally buy them with around 75k miles and sell them when they have 175k-200k. The ‘04 was the only truck I had to get rid of earlier than I wanted. But it sounds like the L405 is significantly better. With all the electronics and software, frankly I’m surprised. But Ford is very good at building cars and trucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts