RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My rrs 2006 has a cluncking noise when I hit the throttle and release it. It's a bit hard to explain but when I'm doing 80km/h and take my foot of the throttle pedal and out it back gently the car makes a clunking noise. If I play with my foot (on and of the gas) it keeps on making the noise. It seems to be play or wear in the driveline. Any suggestions? I just replaced the front end lower suspension arms. This fixed the banging noise when hitting a bumb, but now I'm left with the clunking noise..

regards, Hans m

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
My first guess would be the engine mounts. I have an 06 Jetta GLI in the shop now for that very same sound. Turns out one mount is bad and the clunk is the engine cover when the engine torcs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer. In the meantime I was able to lift the car and found that I could rotate the aft driveshaft by hand for a couple of degrees. I think the aft diff has to much play. But the drive shaft is also connected to the transmission. Is it normal that there is some play in the outgoing axle as well?
Thanks in advance..

Hans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts