RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 RRS HSE 55k miles on her
So I noticed a knocking noise I think at the engine as she is running in idle about every 20 seconds I here a tapping or knocking noise. I was thinking maybe bad gas I always put 91 octane. Just did a rode trip to Tahoe for the fireworks and refilled my gas tank but still have the tapping noise. Also started her up this morning and it was a little louder engine was cold so rpms a little higher then dropped down to normal rpms when warmed up. No warning lights at all.
Oh and now my memory seating #2 does not work but 1 and 3 work that's no big deal though.
So I was going to take her to the shop I am going back to my ship this week and want to make sure the Rover is good to go for my wife while I am gone.
It seems like every time I am on the ship stuff happens at home and the wife has a hard time when I'm not there. So just want to take care of the Rover before I leave.
So what do you guys think
Mahalo,
Ken

·
Registered
123 Posts
run it to nearly empty, then try full tank of 93 octane. A long time ago, I had a problem with my 1994 RR classic, turned out to be low octane gas. Since, I have never put anything in any of my rovers except 93 octane

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Brembo Brakes.
Took the car to Ceronies in Redwood city CA Frank had a look and listen to the knocking noise and said it wasn't anything to worry about.
So I went to the auto parts store and bought some LED's for both front marker lights and the license plate to. Looks better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So finally the engine knocking noise is so bad i took it to the dealer in redwood City Ca and the dealer said it was internal (no ****) and i would need a new engine engine and labor 22k it would cost.
So i having the engine replaced at 007 Motorsports in San Mateo Ca hopefully i get a good used engine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well she made it almost 5 years. Let us know how it turns out, and get some photos of that body off the chassis. Better find out if there are any must-dos while the thing is split in two!

·
Registered
274 Posts
So finally the engine knocking noise is so bad i took it to the dealer in redwood City Ca and the dealer said it was internal (no ****) and i would need a new engine engine and labor 22k it would cost.
So i having the engine replaced at 007 Motorsports in San Mateo Ca hopefully i get a good used engine.
What was the reason for a new engine? Is it something that can be repaired without swapping engines? Did you get a second opinion?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i got my Rover back from 007 Motorsports with my new used engine that has 60k miles on it and now my rover is running great. Much mahalo's to Danny at 007 motor sports did a awesome job. It did cost me a lot but im a happy camper to drive it with no noise and people giving me looks because it was loud. i have only drove it 90 miles since the engine was replaced so i will drive it more when i get off my ship and get home. Then the mechanic will check it over again to make sure everything is good and then im going to replace the fluids in the differentials and transfer case.
2007 range rover Sport.
just thought i would let you guys know with a status update.
ken

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was $9,500.00 but i'm happy i got her back i relly like her for rode trips when im off my ship. I will be going to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite when i get off i cant wait

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
CaptKen
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing