RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, im new to this forum and need to pick some brains. i have had my car (td6 vogue) on the ramps several times to check for this bloody knock that happens every now and again on the front but theres no movement anywhere, i even took it down to my mates to put on his new air ram ramp for mot's but still never picked up any wear anywhere. it only does it when i turn some times, moving or at a standstill, but i can only get it to do it once then it wont do it again maybe for days. i checked all the bolts for loose ones aswel but again came to a dead end. any one got some nice ideas on what to check next please.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Arron,

Prob not the answer you want but as with most things on the RR if it's not regular don't worry about itto much! Mine has the same problem each time it does it i think i'm on the way to some new bushes or something however, it so rare that it does it i'm inclined to put it down to another one of the quirks of the car (they do seem to have rather a lot).

Anyway if you do ever find out what it is please tell!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all this time i had that noise and think i finally found out the cause today while changing the gearbox oil, i thought i might aswel check all the bolts again while waiting for it to drain and found two bolts on the drivers side that tightened up about half a turn. the ones that go through the track control arms to the subframe, and so far touch wood it hasnt made a noise where as normally after taking it of the ramp it would make a nice bang. time will tell, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have been bothered by a loud crack or bang that sounds like two pieces of metal that have been resting on each other have slid apart under pressure. I have only noticed it when reversing on a right hand lock when backing into my driveway. Took it to the garage a while ago but it wouldn't do it there.
I will check for the loose nuts if I ever get the truck back from the dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine was the same, you could feel it under your feet when it did the bang. if you can get it on a ramp, get a nice big spanner and give all the bolts a bloody great arm full. mines been sweet for a couple of days now, now noise on any road surface of tight corners. good luck with yours, hope it turns out to be simple like me, i mean my mine. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts