RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kick-down cable has been broken for some time and i didn't really mind much until I found out you shouldn't run without one because it will damage the tranny :doh: I have read up on it enough to know its a pain but I am due for a filter change and a new filter kit has been in my garage for a year. The manual says to remove the valve body but I have read you can do it without removing it. Not sure if its related but recently my tranny has developed a real sloppy shift into fourth sometimes and I have not driven it very much maybe a couple hundred k in the last 10 months because I want to get this sorted out. I have only experienced the sloppy shift like ten or so times and don't think it does it every time it shifts into fourth. I am hoping my tranny isn't toast. :think:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I changed the filter on my 94 without removing the valve block, i would imagine all ZF's are the same.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to drop the pan to remove the kick-down cable, I am doing the filter when I am in there anyway. The manual calls for the valve block to be removed for the kick-down cable replacement.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Oh right, i see. Can't help never done it.

Good luck with spreading those chassis legs/wrestling the crossmember out. All good fun :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts