Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,431 Posts
As I understand the situation, there are now no more fobs left for any NAS spec P-38.
The UK Spec uses a different frequency, thus are incompatible with our radios.
You could try to sweet talk land Rover into sending you a new radio and new fobs that have been programmed for your truck......Once you convince them you actually own it, Oh yea, and you can get 97% of the British Parliament to buy into your scheme..........
In other words, forget it.
This is why we are hoping Marty and Sloth retire soon so they can devote 100% of their time to solving our P-38 issues:dance:

In the meantime, if you have a fob, be nice to it, and if not, as Annette says, practice the EKA procedure, and be sure to keep the latches in good shape, and replace as needed.....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
No my friend that is exactly what I have been doing for the last 16 years.
They now want a copy of a UK v5.

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Ahhh........So they may actually have the NAS fobs, but unless you have a UK rego, and can prove who you are, they will not sell one to you?
Load of C&#p?...Yep!!! Thanks LR!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So, let's say that somehow you could convince LR UK to sell you a new receiver, and a pair of fobs programmed for your Vin, you would theoretically have a working set of fobs?
Seeing as how LR does not seem very cooperative lately on the parts scene, maybe a very long shot?
Could a determined dealer in NA get a EU receiver and fobs?....I wonder.....

Alternatively, what is involved in using a fob from a known vehicle and sm035 to have that fob work on the current rig?
Scotty hinted this was possible, and I now have 2 spare, working fobs from my white 02 that could be re tasked for the Borrego??
As he has the settings from both Becms on his data base, how tough a job?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Ahh, but you are in Tazzie,......Which is nearly part of Oz!! (Lucky Devil!)

Currently, this issue is only affecting P-38s in "The Americas", not "The rest of the world",
So even though they are dear, you can still get them........We may too, if one of the posts is correct.
I am going to have my LR dealer connection do some more digging on Monday.
Possibly, due to a part number change, they have gone off the page?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.