Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
87 Posts
I’ve been wanting to get a extra door key for some time now just haven’t looked into it until today. I have one working fob which I treasure dearly. I called our local Land Rover dealer to inquire. He told me I needed to bring my proof of ownership and drivers licence and he would give me a key code so I can take that to a local locksmith that they use to cut keys. It would be around 20 dollars per key. When I arrived he said he made a mistake and he would have to order it and would arrive already cut. Cost was 18 dollars and had to come directly from Land Rover. Part number was ASR1043. While I was there I inquired about a new fob. I told them about hearing that they no longer support replacement fobs for the P38. It took sometime for him to research it but he said I can order a new fob. Said that the part number has changed and quoted me a price of 362 dollars. I inquired about the new part number but he said that he wasn’t allowed to give me that information. I didn’t order one but he assured me that was no problem to get a replacement ready to go. Bluff City Land Rover in Memphis Tennessee is my local dealership. Just wanted to add to this hopefully will help.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
87 Posts
Bolt wish I had more specifics on which parts catalog he found it but said he went through three to find the new part number. Good luck to you sir!

Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.