RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 HSE, only one keyless entry fob. (On my to do list is to get my key duplicated)

Battery just replaced on the fob. Lights up in red recognizing the command but does not react many times.

Having some battery issues fixed tomorrow so hopefully the fob will unlock/lock the doors 100% of the time after?

Read in other places about programming it: 1. hit lock 2. turn the key to lock 3. hit lock again Does this sound right?

Is my only possible fix taking it to the dealer to get a new one? If so, does anyone know the cost?

Thanks for all your knowledge and information.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Had a problem the other weekend where I parked up under some power lines (without noticing!!), came back to my car and the remote wouldn't work!!!!!
Thankfully, I was able to unlock using the key and after putting the key in the ignition, she fired up.
Just had a brief warning telling me that the engine was immobilised.....
Last time that happened to me was in a Tesco filling station. Next time I went in, I asked the attendant if that happened to anyone else. Oh yes, lots of people with Land Rover Discoveries and your type of Range Rover :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Normally mine unlocks OK, but I always have problems locking, even when standing right next to the car...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts